Tuesday, July 6, 2010

groupie

A dear friend mentioned something the other day that got me to thinking. I have always been a responsible soul, but there is a little something that tickles my fancy so to speak. I like music... alot...the effect that it can have on me is a thing of wonder to me. So because I love music , I tend to think a whole lot of the people that can make it. I can't. But it brings out the adventure and excitement in me and I will do alot to keep it in my life. My friend pointed out that I have a fondness for musicians....even a groupie mentality sometimes. I know that is true. On one hand I am ashamed of it, because "self respecting people are not groupies "( old school thought) on the other hand, it ticks my clock and I am proud of it....so I wrote this poem to pose my outlook:

A groupie in practice
I can’t say its is so
A groupie at heart
Yeah, I’ll give it a go,

Although I take pride
In my solid respectable side
I will say that deep down inside
A groupie giggle resides

It is nothing serious or even true
It is just a crazy something I do
I let out my inner child
And even she is kinda mild

But she gets excited and kinda free
When she finds a passionate musician with a CD
And she lets herself go off with the feel
And momentarily suspends what is real

And indulges in a harmless little fantasy
For a moment, an hour or maybe a day you see
But never truly latches onto what is not real
Because this lady is the real deal.

She can handle herself in many a realm
And keeps reality at the helm
But when she needs to create an ambiance or adventure
You’ll want to come along for sure

Cause she can take care of herself and that’s not all
She can be real and warm and still play hardball
But when she slips into her groupie heart
She can impart
A passion and a caring that is also real
And share the magic that she feels
So come along under the groupie spell
It will be magical and she won’t tell
That you, too, indulged your childlike side
Hold on baby….its quite a ride

No comments:

Post a Comment