Thursday, June 17, 2010


RIP 1999-2009
MY dear sweet Yoda. Making him got me through my first separation. He was orginally created for Emile Elementary 's basket fundraiser when my son was in school there...but I could not let him go. He moved with me to my first apartment. The first time I had ever lived alone. I think I was 43 or 44 years old. Shhh...don't tell anyone but sometimes I talked to him..lol....This picture was inspired because I could not bring myself to have a Christmas tree as I had in a previous place in my life....I had to do something different, so for several years he was my Yoda Elf Tree...lol....I hoped that the calm and the wisdom and the fire that all took place within him, would somehow rub off on me. And we made it...Yoda and I....after moving to my new house, he suffered some....er......stripping of the papier mache holding him together and I had to send him back into the universe. He was a great image until I took him to school and some rather mean girls stuck pencils though his head and popped his eye out just to see what I would do. I took him home and fixed him, but he was never the same.... may the force be with him....

No comments:

Post a Comment