Saturday, June 19, 2010

This is a picture of my dad and my son in 1985. My dad passed away in 1988 from lung cancer. I have always had so much respect for my dad. In my years in Special Ed, I have seen many marriages break up when a child is born with, or develops a disability. My dad just got another job and supported my mom in her efforts to seek out any and all possible cures or remediation for my brother's disabilities. My dad had a heart of gold and even though his plate was full with work and home, he always had time to help a friend or a relative. He taught me to always do whatever I could to take care of myself and to do what I could to help other people. I wish my son had been able to spend more time with him. I think they both would have loved the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment