Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hi! My name is Debbie Sager.

This blog site was created to launch my endless summer...my teacher retirement. It is a reflection of my journey, not to reinvent myself, but to coax and nourish another side of me and to investigate the adventures yet to come.

This is what was:
50 something years in a nutshell:
Grew up in Brenham, Tx.....was sister to a very special young man...and daughter to two very special parents...Graduated high school...went to Blinn...got married to a great guy...moved to Austin...worked for state..did some modeling and acting....went to UT...graduated UT..followed Rick Nelson around on weekends..lol...went to work for AISD...worked on a teacher training grant that enabled me to travel around the US.....left there to work on Masters...moved to College Station...had son (great kid-check out his video! ironknightproductionson YouTube)...got Masters in EdAd (with PR specialization)...moved to Brenham...worked at KWHI/KTEX as on air announcer and had opportunity to interview lots of entertainers( see some pics)...taught at BHS for 3 years...got at job at SWTSU (another teacher training grant)...moved to Bastrop...grant money ran out..went to work at Bastrop ISD...been there ever since...got a divorce after 30 years...(he is still one of my best friends)...booked bands for a little while (10 Mile Crossing...great guys...great harmony)...painted pictures of Vince Neil and Bret Michaels and got them to autograph them...hope to create a show of the Bad Boys of Rock....among a whole host of other things....to be discussed later.....in my endless summer adventure.....

When a student is ready, a teacher will appear......

No comments:

Post a Comment